Speaking Events (Public Invited)
- August 28-29, 2012
FISMA Continuous Monitoring: Build Your Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) Program Training Seminar
UVA/Virginia Tech Northern Virginia Center, Falls Church, VA
NIST Speaker: Kelley Dempsey, CISSP, Senior Information Security Specialist, will provide a NIST strategy and objectives overview for the New NIST Standards.
Registration handled through the Digital Government Institute.
- August 29-30, 2012
Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Emergency Planning in the Government Environment Training Workshop XII, Preparing Your Agency for a Disaster or Emergency
Willard Intercontinental Hotel, Washington, D.C.
NIST Speaker: Kelley Dempsey, CISSP, CoAuthor of Information Systems Contingency Planning Guidance NIST Special Publication 800-34 Rev. 1 Contingency Planning Guide for Federal Information Systems
Registration handled through the Potomac Forum, Ltd.
- NIST Speakers - If you are interested in having a speaker from the NIST FISMA Implementation Project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evolving Cybersecurity Strategies: NIST Special Publication 800-53 Rev 4 - Ron Ross, NIST CSD, June 12, 2012
- Defending the United States in the Digital Age - Information Security Transformation for the Federal Government – Ron Ross, NIST CSD
- NIST Special Publication 800-53, Revision 3 – Security Controls for Information Systems, ICSs, and Organizations – Kelley Dempsey, NIST CSD
- NIST Special Publication 800-37, Revision 1 – Applying the Risk Management Framework to Information Systems (Transforming the Certification and Accreditation Process) – Ron Ross, NIST CSD
- NIST Special Publication 800-82 – Guide to Industrial Control Systems Security – Marshall Abrams, The MITRE Corporation
- NIST and the Smart Grid Update – Guidelines for Smart Grid Cyber Security (NIST IR7628) – Marianne Swanson, NIST CSD
Many federal and state agencies have their own Computer Security Days using speakers from the NIST Computer Security Division (CSD). The CSD groups include the Security Management & Assurance Group (now including the Cryptographic Module Validation Program & Cryptographic Algorithm Validation Program), Cryptographic Technology Group, and the Systems & Emerging Technologies Security Research Group. Please contact the individual group managers directly for speaker recommendations. However, if you are interested in having a speaker from NIST on the FISMA Implementation Project, please contact email@example.com. The NIST CSD Computer Security Resource Center website, (http://csrc.nist.gov/) includes contact information for CSD group managers under Staff.