Upcoming Events FY 2016:
FY16 meeting dates (topics TBD):
- January 28, 2016 LR-D
- April 21, 2016
- June 21, 2016 - CANCELLED
- August 16-17, 2016 – Annual two day “Offsite” to be held at NIST
- Who Should Attend: US Federal government employees and their support contractors who participate in the management of their organization’s information system security program.
- Volunteer to present on what is (or is not) working at your agency and/or provide topics you would like to hear about.
- Registration closes August 9, 2016
- Location: NIST, Portrait Room, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Registration from 8:00-9:00; first session 9:00; day ends 4:30-5:00.
- No cost to attend. Space is limited. If you register and cannot attend, please cancel.
- Food will not be provided. The NIST cafeteria is open to conference attendees.
- Note: the Montgomery County Agricultural Fair is Aug 12-20 and could impact where you stay.
- Directions and Hotels
Meeting announcements are made through the list serv. Topics and speakers along with how to register are sent a few weeks prior to the scheduled date.
The list serv is limited to federal employees, however, contractors supporting federal government employees are invited to attend Forum meetings.
The fcsm listserve limits attachments. Many expressed interest in a STIG mapping to NIST 800-53. Members shared the newest STIGs map each vulnerability ID to a Control Correlation Identifier (CCI). The CCI can then be mapped to the SP 800-53 Rev 4 control using the list available here: http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/cci/Pages/index.aspx
Excel version of the STIG Mapping
- April 21, 2016, NIST
- January 28, 2016, NIST