ISPAB Work Plan
In accordance with 15 U.S.C. 278g-4, the duties of Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board is to identify emerging managerial, technical, administrative, and physical safeguard issues relative to information security and privacy.
The focus of the Board's work for FY 2015-2016 includes the following areas:
- Quantum (physics, pre-shared keys, quantum key distribution, block chains)
- Office of Management and Budget
- OMB Circular A-130 Revised
- Measuring outcomes for cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity protections in Federal acquisitions
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Fly-Away (Incident Response) Team
- Einstein, Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) and measuring outcomes
- Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD) and Build-it-in initiative and NITRD – on how competent companies acquire IT
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and automotive cybersecurity
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) – security, protecting data
- Facial recognition, technologies, biometrics, and users
- Privacy technologies
- Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board (PCLOB)
- Safe Harbor
These work plans will be pursued within the bounds of the ISPAB charter.
If you have any questions or need information please email Matthew Scholl.