One of the major objectives and responsibilities of the Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board is to identify emerging managerial, technical, administrative, and physical safeguard issues relative to information security and privacy.
The focus of the Board's work for 2015-6 will be in the following areas:
- Cryptography, and specifically NIST Research & Development
- Federally funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) – internally, externally and control balance
- Metrics – success measure for security and privacy
- Trust in NIST (accountability and success)
- Quantum mechanics
- Identity management (Biometrics)
- Privacy technology – implementation methodology
- Medical device – security, privacy and safety, Healthcare IT Security
- FISMA – Continuous Diagnostics Mitigation (CDM) and FedRAMP
- Continuous Diagnostics Mitigation (CDM) – CSRIC, TIC
- Key ESCROW – history and lessons learned
These work plans will be pursued within the bounds of the ISPAB charter.
If you have any questions or need information please email Annie Sokol.