Commercial ACTS Users by Industry
Users have been very positive, and are applying ACTS to a wide variety of software.
- "At present I am working with a development team to enable automated testing of a complex
rating algorithm under development within a property/casualty insurance system. The system
component under test accepts several hundred independent input variables which are used
to produce rating factors as output. I have had some opportunity to use [NIST-ACTS] as a
means to calculate test coverage and identify missing test cases in our current population of
test data. I'm pleased to report that the combinatorial coverage data has proven useful to us
in identifying gaps. Eventually, I would like to use this data to extend our test coverage as
well -- at coverage strength 3 we're producing a volume of test cases that should be
manageable when paired with automated test data generation. I can also foresee other uses
which would pair automated testing tools with [NIST-ACTS] output to improve our test
coverage for other systems."
- "The tool is pretty easy to use, and has already reduced our planned number of tests by 20% or so."
- "Nice... the XML configuration can be used for both CLI and application."
- "Our feedback on [NIST-ACTS] is extremely positive. The tool implement in a very efficient
way the algorithm of N-Wise reduction we were looking at. In fact, we would be interested
in including your technology in our tool."
- "[NIST-ACTS] is a good application. It was easy to figure out and use. ... I would use this
- "I've fund it intuitive and greatly helped to reduce the test size. I'll continue to use this tool at
- "I think that [NIST-ACTS] has been very helpful in determining test coverage for simple test
cases with lots of variables."
- "Not only does [NIST-ACTS] handle phenomenal combinatorial complexity without breaking
a sweat, it is also very easy and straightforward to use. The user interface is very well thought
out, intuitive, and delightfully uncluttered."