PIV Q and A Site Logo NIST Logo
Home Q&A
Frequently Asked Questions

SP 800-87: Codes for the Identification of Federal and Federally-Assisted Organizations

Question Posted by
292 Hildegard Ferraiolo
Would you please direct me to the form that is needed to apply for a FIPS code? It is not easy to find, in Publication 201, any reference to it. Thank you
There is no "FIPS code". There is, however, the federal agency codes (as per SP 800-87) that are part of the FASC-N in the CHUID. This form is available by emailing piv_comments (at-sign) nist.gov.

NIST is an agency of the U.S. Commerce Department last modified: October 15 2007 10:46:41
This site adheres to the NIST privacy policy.
Questions or comments? Contact the webmaster