NICE Webinar Series
The NICE Webinar Series is designed to bring you information to help you enhance the cybersecurity education, training, and workforce efforts of the nation.
NICE webinars are delivered live using online audio and video/image presentation technology, allowing you to interact directly with the host and guests through your web browser.
Click here to sign up to receive future alerts about NICE Webinars.
Upcoming Webinar: March 15, 2017 at 2:00pm ET
Title: Building a Career Pathways System for Cybersecurity
Synopsis: There has been considerable progress in the development of academic and transfer pathways for cybersecurity; however, the evolution of cybersecurity as a career within organizations has made it difficult to define a career pathway for cybersecurity. The CyberSeek Career Pathway portal is one example of the latest effort to identify entry-, mid-, and advanced-level cybersecurity jobs and apply the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework to help individuals identify the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for career advancement. Nonetheless, pathways efforts are often frustrated by the lack of an integrated or comprehensive approach for students, educators, job-seekers, and employers. The Pathways System Framework, introduced in this webinar, provides a structure that supports the development and implementation of sustainable career and STEM pathways systems. Topics covered will include:
- Defining career and life readiness
- Building a career development model
- Creating dynamic pathway programs
- Collaborating meaningfully with employer and community organizations and across education and workforce partners
- Will Markow
Manager of Client Strategy and Analytics
Burning Glass Technologies
- Hans Meeder
Co-Founder and President
National Center for College and Career Transitions (NC3T)
- CyberSeek Career Pathway Portal
- The Power and Promise of Pathways: How to Prepare All American Students for Career and Life Success
- National Center for College and Career Transitions
- Transfer Pathway White Paper
- DoL Career Pathways Toolkit
--- Limited space is available. Registration is required. Register today at https://nist-nice.adobeconnect.com/webinar-mar2017/event/registration.html---
View Previous Webinars: