January 1, 2006
Educator of the Year Award
Each year, FISSEA recognizes an individual who has made significant contributions in education and training programs for information systems security.
An ad hoc committee appointed by the Executive Board Chair will judge nominees..
Previous nomination letters for recent awardees are available here. The Educator of the Year Award Ceremony will be held during the conference in March.
To nominate someone for the Educator of the Year, download the following file:
E-mail your nominations to:
National Institute of Standards and Technology
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8930
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8930
Phone: (301) 975-2489
Begin nominations with:
I nominate (full name and title) of (organization) for FISSEA Educator of the Year:
Qualification Statements should include:
1. How the organization or federal community benefited from the activities of the individual, i.e. major accomplishment;
2. The impact of achievements and accomplishments within and/or beyond the nominee's organization;
3. Information on whether the nominee received any compensation or awards as a result of the activities; and,
4. If any of the activities of the nominee were part of a government contract or group effort, indicate amount and type of direct participation by the nominee as compared to other participants. Describe how the nominee distinguished him/herself from other members of the group.
5. Include signature, e-mail address, telephone number, and organization of person completing the nomination.
Nominations will be judged on the following:
2. Extension of benefits within and/or beyond the nominee’s organization;
3. Scope and breadth of the nominee's accomplishments;
4. If the nominee is part of a group activity, the amount and type of direct participation by the nominee as compared to staff members, contractors or other group participants.
In the event of a tie, a vote will be taken by the nomination review committee and the person having a plurality shall be declared the winner.
Do not include any items which contain classified information. The activity may have involved participation in classified activities, but the nomination must be wholly unclassified.
Last updated: December 8, 2016