- csrc home
- news & events
Email Last Sent Out to List:
Drafts: April 22, 2013
FIPS Pubs: July 10, 2012
Special Publications: April 22, 2013
NIST IRs: April 11, 2013
ITL Security Bulletins: April 11, 2013
CSRC News: April 22, 2013
CSD Sponsored Events: Feb. 27, 2013
The Computer Security Division at NIST through a partnership with GovDelivery, is pleased to provide a free email subscription service. This service will allow you to receive email notifications about newly released publications (Drafts, FIPS Publications, Special Publications, NIST IRs, and ITL Security Bulletins) and also important CSRC news/announcements, along with Computer Security Division sponsored events when they become available. Below we provided for you a list of various topics that you can subscribe to.
As a subscriber, you will have control of which topics (lists) you would like to receive emails from. The choice is yours. You have the option to subscribe to ONE topic (list) OR you can choose to join multiple lists under ONE subscription.. Once you become a subscriber, you will automatically be given a user profile which will allow you to subscribe to other topics that we offer OR you can remove your email address from a topic you wish not to receive any more emails, but still remain a subscriber to other topic(s) you selected. If you did not join a specific topic, you will not get an email from that specific topic. (ex. if you did not choose to receive emails from the Computer Security Division Events topic, you will not receive emails regarding Computer Security Division Events).
SPAM PROTECTION / BLOCK ADDRESSES / EMAIL FILTERS --
PLEASE NOTE -- IMPORTANT: If you have a SPAM blocker or created email rules and filters, you need to make sure to add the following 2 email addresses to be allowed to send email to your email address. If you do not allow (add) the following two addresses, then you will not receive any emails from the chosen lists.
(All emails from our topics (lists) comes from this GovDelivery address)
AND also add
(Pat O’Reilly, NIST is the list administrator for all lists/topics)
GOVDELIVERY EMAIL CONFIRMATION & USER PROFILE --
Once you subscribe to one of the topics from the list provided below, you will receive an email confirmation from GovDelivery, it will show up From: NIST Computer Security Division. This GovDelivery email will provide information on how to use this list and the services we are providing. It will also explain how to use your user profile. The user profile will allow you to take total control of your subscription to our mailing list(s). Once you are in your user profile settings, you will be allowed to:
2. You will be taken to the GovDelivery Subscription Email Address Confirmation page. You MUST re-enter your email address again. You have an option to create a password for your personal user profile (optional OR you can do this at a later time in your user profile). Once your email address has been entered again, press the Submit button. NOTE: If you do NOT confirm your email address, then you have NOT completed subscribing to our list and you will NOT receive any email notifications from us.
3. Another page will appear from GovDelivery. This page contains a series of checkboxes of all the topics that our division currently offer. Click in the box(es) of all the topics that you wish to join. Then press the Submit button. Note - you can always add / remove from any topics later once you start receiving emails from the list and when you enter your user profile.
4. Please note - you will most likely see another subscription page appear -- this page contains an expanded list of all of the various topics that NIST has to offer. If you would like to join some of the other NIST topics, feel free to add them to your list. If not, simply close out the browser window to complete the subscription process.
5. Within a couple of minutes, you should receive 2 emails from GovDelivery confirming your subscription & a link to your personal user profile. The second email will show you what topics you have joined. If you do NOT receive an email shortly after subscription, it may be that you have (1) entered an incorrect email address (not spelled correctly, not a valid email address), (2) you didn't complete the subscribing process. If you continue to have issues subscribing, feel free to email the list administrator (Pat O'Reilly).
6. If you joined a topic and you haven't heard from that topic in a while and you are not sure if you missed any emails from the list, please look to the left menu bar towards the top of this page and you will see a list of when the last email went out to that topic. You should be able to look in your user profile of all the lists you are subscribed to.
This topic consists of all new draft publications. The drafts documents could be from one of the following types - FIPS PUB, Special Publication and/or NIST IRs. If you would like to receive an email once the publication is final, you need to add any of the 3 other publication topics (FIPS, SP, and NIST IR) or you can sign up for all 3 to your user profile.
This topic consists of all new FIPS Publications that have been released as a draft or have been approved as final.
This topic consists of all new Special Publications that have been released as a draft or have been approved as final.
This topic consists of all new NIST IRs that have been released as a draft or have been approved as final
This topic consists of all new NIST / ITL Security Bulletins that are published - they are usually released once a month.
This topic will provide subscribers any updated news that is made public from the NIST Computer Security Division that has been posted to the CSRC News/Announcement page on our CSRC website.
This topic will let subscribers know of any new upcoming NIST Computer Security Division sponsored events.
We plan to expand the topics / lists in the near future. We will list them here along with adding them to the user profile when they become available.
Questions regarding these lists, how to subscribe, or how to update your user profile should be sent via email to Patrick O’Reilly . Pat is the NIST list administrator for these lists. Please allow 1-2 business days to get back to you. Thank you.