National Institute of Standards and Technology
Computer Security Division
- RFID Security
- Wireless Security
- Mobile Device Security
- "Threshold-based Intrusion Detection in Ad Hoc Networks and Secure AODV," Ad Hoc Networks Journal, June 6th, 2007. A. Patwardhan, J. Parker, M. Iorga, A. Joshi, T. Karygiannis, Y. Yesha
- “Creating Offline MANET IDS Network Traces,” 2nd Workshop in Advanced Experimental Activities on Wireless Networks & Systems (EXPONWIRELESS 2007) in conjunction with IEEE WoWMoM 2007, June 17, 2007, Helsinki, Finland. Karygiannis, A., Robotis, K. and Antonakakis, E.
- “RFID Security: A Taxonomy of Risk,” ChinaCom First International Conference on Communications and Networking in China, October 25-27, 2006. Karygiannis, A., Phillips, T. and Tsibertzopoulos, A.
- "Detecting Critical Nodes for MANET Intrusion Detection Systems," 2nd International Workshop on Security, Privacy and Trust in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, June 29, 2006, Lyon, France. Karygiannis, A., Antonakakis, E., and Apostolopoulos, A.
- "Security Standards for the RFID Market," IEEE Security & Privacy, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 85-89, November/December 2005. Phillips, T., Karygiannis, T., Kuhn, R.
- "Electromagnetic Signatures of WLAN Cards and Network Security," The 5th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (IEEE ISSPIT 2005) Athens, Greece, December 18-21, 2005. K.A. Remley, C.A. Grosvenor, R.T. Johnk, D.R. Novotny, P.D. Hale, M.D. McKinley, A. Karygiannis, E. Antonakakis.
- “A Solution for Wireless Privacy and Payments based on E-cash,” IEEE/CreateNET SecureComm 2005, First IEEE/CreateNET SecureComm Conference on Security and Privacy for Emerging Areas in Communications Networks, Athens, Greece, September 5-9, 2005. Tsiounis, Y., Kiayias, A., Karygiannis, A.
- "mLab: A Mobile Ad Hoc Network Test Bed," 1st Workshop on Security, Privacy and Trust in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, IEEE International Conference in Pervasive Services 2005 - ICPS'05) July 14, 2005, Santorini, Greece. Karygiannis, A., Antonakakis, E.
- “Security and Privacy Issues in Agent-based Location-aware Mobile Commerce,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg New York (2005) Karygiannis, A., Antonakakis, E.
- “Secure Routing and Intrusion Detection in Ad Hoc Networks,” Third IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, Kauaii Island, Hawaii, March 8-12, 2005. Co-authored with A. Patwardhan, J. Parker, A. Joshi and M. Iorga.
- “Security Policy Management for Handheld Devices,” The 2003 International Conference on Security and Management, Las Vegas, Nevada, June 23-26, 2003. Co-authored with W. Jansen, M. Iorga, V. Korolev, and S. Gavrila.
- “Assigning and Enforcing Policy on Handheld Devices,” The 14th Annual Canadian Information Technology Security Symposium (CITSS), Ottawa, Canada, May 13-17, 2002, Co-authored with W. Jansen, V. Korolev, and S. Gavrila.
- NIST Special Publication on Wireless Network Security: 802.11, Bluetooth, and Handheld Devices, SP 800-48, October 2002.
- NIST Information Technology Laboratory Bulletin on Active Content Security, April 2000. Co-authored with Wayne Jansen.
- "Privilege Management of Mobile Agents," National Information System Security Conference, October 2000. Co-authored with Wayne Jansen.
- Mobile Agents in Intrusion Detection and Response, Canadian Information Technology Security Symposium, June 2000, Co-authored with P. Mell, W. Jansen and D. Marks.
- Applying Mobile Agents to Intrusion Detection and Response, National Institute of Standards and Technology Interim Report – 6416, October 1999. Co-authored with Wayne Jansen, Peter Mell, and Don Marks.
- Mobile Agent Security, NIST Special Publication – 800-19, October 1999. Co-authored with W. Jansen, P. Mell, and D. Marks.
- "Agents for the Masses: Is It Possible to Make Development of Sophisticated Agents Simple Enough To Be Practical?," IEEE Intelligent Systems, Special Issue on Agents, March/April1999, Co-authored with Jeffrey M. Bradshaw, Mark Greaves, Heather Holmback, Barry Silverman, Niranjan Suri, Alex Wong and Wayne Jansen.
- Network Security Using Mobile Agents, The Third International Conference and Exhibition on The Practical Application of Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agent Technology, London, UK, March 23rd-25th, 1998.
- Mobile Agents and Network Security, International Telecommunications Conference 1998, Halkidiki, Greece, June 22nd –25th, 1998.
- US Government Traffic Filter Firewall Protection Profile, National Security Agency and National Institute of Standards & Technology Co-authors Mario Tinto, Jandria Alexander, Jack Walsh, Wayne Jansen, December 1997.
- US Government Application Gateway Filter Firewalls Protection Profile, National Security Agency and National Institute of Standards & Technology, Co-authors Mario Tinto, Jandria Alexander, Jack Walsh, Wayne Jansen, December 1997.
- Deductive Fault-Diagnosis and BIST for Performing System Level Diagnosis of Multiprocessor Systems, Built-in Self Test/Design for Testability Workshop, Charleston, SC, March 10-12, 1997. Co-authors: A. Friedman and R. Katz.
- Chapter on Mobile Agent Security, editor Jeffrey Bradshaw, MIT Press (Forthcoming)
- Chapter on Wireless Sensor Network Intrusion Detection, editor Javier Lopez, Journal of Computer Security, Cryptology and Information Security Series, 2007.
- Chapter of RFID Security, RFID Handbook: Application, Technology, Security and Privacy, CRC Press.
- Bucknell University, BS Electrical Engineering, 1986
- Bucknell University, MS Electrical Engineering, 1987
- The George Washington University, PhD Computer Science, 1997
- Network Security
- Fault-Tolerant Systems
- Agent-based Commerce
- Wireless Security
- Identity Theft