This gives notice that the Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board (ISPAB) will meet Wednesday, October 26, 2016 (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), Thursday, October 27, 2016 (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), and Friday, October 28, 2016 (8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.). All times are Eastern Time. All sessions will be open to the public.
The ISPAB is authorized by 15 U.S.C. 278g-4, as amended, and advises NIST, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on information security and privacy issues pertaining to Federal government information systems, including thorough review of proposed standards and guidelines developed by NIST. Details regarding the ISPAB's activities are available at https://cms.csrc.nist.gov/Projects/ISPAB.
The agenda is expected to include the following items:
- Presentation on Modernizing Outdated and Vulnerable Equipment and Information Technology Act of 2016, S.3263, 114th Cong. or the MoveIT Act,
- Updates on OMB Circular A-130, Managing Information as a Strategic Resources,
- Updates on the President's Cybersecurity National Action Plan (CNAP),
- Presentation on the Cybersecurity Framework and the Government,
- Panel discussion on Information Sharing, Information Sharing and Analysis Organizations (ISAOs), and Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation,
- Presentation on US Department of Homeland Security's Mobility Study,
- Panel discussion/presentation on National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) Internet of Things (IoT) report,
- Presentation/Discussion on Regulators Task Force,
- Updates on National Cyber Incident Response Planning, and
- Updates on NIST Computer Security Division.
See the FRN for more details.