Pursuant to the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, 5 U.S.C. App., notice is hereby given that the Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board (ISPAB or Board) will meet Wednesday, October 25, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Eastern Time, Thursday, October 26, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Eastern Time, and Friday, October 27, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time. All sessions will be open to the public. The ISPAB is authorized by 15 U.S.C. 278g-4, as amended, and advises the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on information security and privacy issues pertaining to Federal government information systems, including thorough review of proposed standards and guidelines developed by NIST.
The agenda is expected to include the following items:
- Deliberations and recommendations by the Board on security and privacy issues,
- Presentation and discussion on next generation identity management technologies,
- Discussion on plans for IT modernization in the U.S. Government IT infrastructure,
- Presentation by Congressional Staff on potential cybersecurity proposals,
- OMB presentation on current and planned policy for cybersecurity and discussion,
- Presentation and discussion on U.S. Department of Homeland Security Binding Operational Directives,
- Presentation and discussion on agency Inspectors General cybersecurity audit and metrics usage,
- Panel discussion/presentation on NIST Internet of Things Cybersecurity Program, and
- Updates on NIST Information Technology Laboratory cybersecurity and privacy work.