Pursuant to the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, 5 U.S.C. App., notice is hereby given that the ISPAB will meet Thursday, November 01, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, and Friday, November 02, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time. All sessions will be open to the public. The ISPAB is authorized by 15 U.S.C. 278g-4, as amended, and advises NIST, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on information security and privacy issues pertaining to Federal government information systems, including thorough review of proposed standards and guidelines developed by NIST. See more details regarding the ISPAB's activities.
The agenda is expected to include the following items:
- Deliberations and discussions by the ISPAB on security and privacy issues,
- Presentation and discussion on NIST cybersecurity standards and guidance,
- Briefings from the Department of Homeland Security National Risk Management Center,
- Presentation and discussion on supply chain risk management programs,
- Briefing from NIST on Internet of Things (IOT) guidance,
- Presentation and discussion on the draft roadmap from the Report to the President on Enhancing the Resilience of the internet and Communications Ecosystem Against Botnets and Other Automated, Distributed Threats (May 22, 2018),
- Presentation and discussion on cybersecurity and privacy issues related to Quantum Computing,
- Presentation and discussion on the NIST privacy framework program, and
- Updates on NIST Information Technology Laboratory cybersecurity work.
Note that agenda items may change without notice. The final agenda will be posted on the website indicated above. Seating will be available for the public and media. Pre-registration is not required to attend this meeting.