Pursuant to the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, 5 U.S.C. App., notice is hereby given that the Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board (ISPAB) will meet Thursday, March 15, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, and Friday, March 16, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time. All sessions will be open to the public. The ISPAB is authorized by 15 U.S.C. 278g-4, as amended, and advises the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on information security and privacy issues pertaining to Federal government information systems, including thorough review of proposed standards and guidelines developed by NIST.
The agenda is expected to include the following items:
- Deliberations and recommendations by the Board on security and privacy issues,
- Presentation and discussion on cybersecurity standards used for the Internet of Things,
- Briefing on the Distributed Denial of Service Report directed by Executive Order 13800,
- Presentation and discussion on the White House Information Technology Modernization Report action items,
- Presentation and discussion on the current update to the Cybersecurity Framework,
- Presentation and discussion on bias in machine learning and artificial intelligence systems,
- Presentation and discussion on cybersecurity workforce initiatives,
- Presentation on the Department of Homeland Security Continuous Diagnostic and Mitigation Program, and
- Updates on NIST Information Technology Laboratory cybersecurity work.