Updates 2018 Withdrawal of Three Outdated SP 800 Pubs
NIST to Withdraw Three Outdated SP 800 Publications
October 03, 2018
After performing an internal review of some of its older publications, NIST’s Computer Security Division has decided to withdraw three (3) SP 800 publications on October 19, 2018. These publications are out of date and will not be revised or superseded.
After they are withdrawn, their details pages, Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) and fulltext PDF links will remain available for historical reference under CSRC Publications, with their status changing from “Final” to “Withdrawn.”
The publications are listed below, along with brief statements about their withdrawal:
- SP 800-48 Rev. 1 (July 2008), Guide to Securing Legacy IEEE 802.11 Wireless Networks:
- Describes wireless network technologies that implemented legacy standards in 2008.
- SP 800-120 (September 2010), Recommendation for EAP Methods Used in Wireless Network Access Authentication:
- SP 800-127 (September 2010), Guide to Securing WiMAX Wireless Communications:
- Users of this technology should refer to relevant standards from the IEEE.