Updates 2018 NIST Releases 2nd Draft of Key Management Best Practices for Org
NIST Releases 2nd Draft of Key Management Best Practices for Organizations: Draft SP 800-57 Part 2 Rev. 1
November 20, 2018
(1/28/19) Comment Period Extension: Comments are now due by February 18, 2019.
NIST invites public comments on this second draft of Special Publication (SP) 800-57 Part 2 Rev. 1, Recommendation for Key Management Part 2: Best Practices for Key Management Organizations. Part 2 provides guidance when using the cryptographic features of current systems. This revision:
- identifies the concepts, functions and elements common to effective systems for the management of symmetric and asymmetric keys;
- identifies the security planning requirements and documentation necessary for effective institutional key management;
- describes key management specification requirements;
- describes cryptographic key management policy documentation that is needed by organizations that use cryptography; and
- describes key management practice statement requirements.
A public comment period for this document is open until February 18, 2019.
Created November 20, 2018, Updated January 29, 2019