Verizon OpenSSL Library
When operated in FIPS mode. No assurance of the minimum strength of generated keys. The validation entry is a non-security relevant modification to Cert. #3503.
Security Level Exceptions
- Roles, Services, and Authentication: Level 2
- Physical Security: N/A
- Design Assurance: Level 3
- Mitigation of Other Attacks: N/A
Multi-Chip Stand Alone
The Verizon OpenSSL Library is a software library replacement for applications that use OpenSSL 1.0.2 and require FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography (including FIPS 186-4 RSA KeyGen).
- CentOS 7 running on HPE ProLiant DL60 Gen9 with Intel Xeon E5-2609 with PAA
- CentOS 7 running on HPE ProLiant DL60 Gen9 with Intel Xeon E5-2609 without PAA (single user mode)
RSA (key wrapping; key establishment methodology provides between 112 and 256 bits of encryption strength)