The Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board (ISPAB) will meet Wednesday, June 28, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Eastern Time, Thursday, June, 29, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., Eastern Time, and Friday, June 30, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time. All sessions will be open to the public.
The ISPAB is authorized by 15 U.S.C. 278g-4, as amended, and advises NIST, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on information security and privacy issues pertaining to Federal government information systems, including thorough review of proposed standards and guidelines developed by NIST. Visit ISPAB for additional details regarding ISPAB activities.
The agenda is expected to include the following items:
- Deliberations and recommendations by the board,
- Presentation and discussion on next generation identity management technologies,
- Discussion on capabilities of virtualization to enhance cybersecurity,
- Threat brief presentation on activities of advanced persistent threats,
- Presentation by National Security Staff on administration cybersecurity priorities,
- OMB presentation on current and planned policy for cybersecurity and discussion,
- Presentation on how to prevent Distributed Denial of Service Attacks and discussion,
- Discussion of the NIST national vulnerability database reference materials,
- Panel discussion/presentation on National Institute of Standards and Technology Internet of Things Cybersecurity Program,
- Discussion on Ransomware Threat Activity, and
- Updates on NIST Information Technology Laboratory.