Cryptographic Module Validation Program
Cryptographic Module Validation Program CMVP
With a lot happening around Entropy Validations, the CMVP offers the following roadmap to help others plan ahead. Dates provided may not be exact. If modifications to this schedule are needed, the CMVP will update this page as well.
- NIST hosted an Entropy Validation Workshop to discuss future plans and understand concerns from the industry around entropy validations.
- Checklist outlining requirements from SP 800-90B and associated IGs with details on what a reviewer is looking for.
- CMVP will begin work with the CMUF Entropy Working Group to create Entropy Report templates for certain common technology types.
- CMVP will begin work with SP 800-90B authors to evaluate an open-source entropy source and write an analysis of the entropy model.
- ICMC21 will occur with many updates about the Entropy Validation process. Stay tuned for the full schedule from ICMC.
End of 2021
- Publish updated Handbook 150-17 with 17ESV accreditation scope. Existing 17CM labs will be allowed to utilize the 17ESV scope before completing the accreditation for a period of time.
- Prod ESV Server will be opened for Entropy Validation submissions.
Created October 11, 2016, Updated June 04, 2021