Forum Membership and Email List Information
Through quarterly meetings and email list, the Forum provides our members:
- a venue to exchange information, share ideas and best practices, resources, and knowledge;
- an ongoing opportunity to leverage the work done in other organizations to reduce possible duplication of effort; and
- access to a community and network of cybersecurity and privacy professionals across the U.S. federal, state, and local government and higher education organizations.
Refer to the CSRC Events Page for upcoming Forum meetings and registration information.
Forum meetings are open to cybersecurity and privacy professionals from U.S. federal, state, and local government agencies, higher education organizations, and their contractor support.
If a contractor has a .gov, .mil, or .edu email address, self-registration is permitted. If a contractor does not have a .gov, .mil, or .edu email address, a government sponsor must confirm the request to attend a Forum meeting by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email List Membership
Participation in the Forum Email List is limited to cybersecurity and privacy professionals at U.S. federal, state, and local government, and U.S. higher education organizations. Contractors supporting these organizations may join the email list if they have a .gov, .mil, or .edu email address.
Join the Forum Email List
Please request membership to the Forum Email List using your .gov, .mil, or .edu email address. If you are signed into a personal Google Account, please sign out prior to requesting membership to the Forum email list. Requests from personal and corporate email addresses will not be approved. A NIST moderator will approve your membership to the Forum.
- Use the listserv to share information and ask questions about cybersecurity and privacy issues or questions only. Be aware that all list members receive an email anytime a message is sent to email@example.com. There are approximately 1,500+ members on the mailing list.
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH FILES LARGER THAN 10MB. We suggest that any such items be made available 'upon request.'
- Members can post responses to listserv questions with the knowledge that all members will receive the response posted.
- Please do not send out responses to the list that contains your personal comments such as “I concur, thank-you,” etc. These types of replies/comments can be sent directly to the individual that posted the original message.
- NIST reserves the right to unsubscribe members who do not comply with the intent of the service that NIST has provided for Forum use.
- Users can manage their subscription settings, including updating email addresses, selecting email delivery settings (e.g., receiving every message or a digest), and unsubscribing via the Federal Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Forum Google Group at: https://groups.google.com/a/list.nist.gov/forum/#!forum/FCSM
If your organization's firewall is preventing you from joining via the Federal Cybersecurity and Privacy Professionals Forum Google Group, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A moderator will add you to the Forum email list. Please note that you may not be able to access the Forum archives and update your own subscription settings if you cannot access the Forum Google Group.
Please also refer to the following Google Group resources: