Automated Combinatorial Testing for Software
Automated Combinatorial Testing for Software ACTS
Seminars, Talks and Tutorial
Quick introductions to Combinatorial Testing:
- Practical Applications of Combinatorial Testing, East Carolina University, March 22, 2012.
- Combinatorial Testing and Design of Experiments, TU Berlin, June 28, 2011.
- Combinatorial Testing, Institute for Defense Analyses, April 6, 2011. (approx. 2 hours)
- Combinatorial Testing Seminar, US Army Test & Evaluation Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, May 17, 2010. (approx. 3 hours).
- Combinatorial Testing, Carnegie-Mellon University Jan 26, 2010. (approx. 60 min.)
- Combinatorial Testing Tutorial, National Defense Industrial Association, Reston, VA, September 16-17, 2009. (approx. 30 min.)
Note: As US Government work, the work of Kuhn, Kacker, and Black isnot subject to US copyright. You may use any or all of these slides freely (but we always appreciate it if you cite NIST!)
- Introducing Combinatorial Testing in Large Organizations, ASTQB, March 2014
- Evaluating the t-way Technique for Determining the Thoroughness of a Test Suite, NASA IV&V Workshop, September 2013.
- Combinatorial Coverage Measurement. NASA IV&V Workshop September 11-13, 2012.
- Combinatorial Methods for Event Sequence Testing, D.R. Kuhn, J. Higdon, J. Lawrence, R.N. Kacker and Y. Lei, FIrst Intl Workshop on Combinatorial Testing, April, 2012.
- Combinatorial Testing of ACTS: A Case Study, M. Nouroz Borazjany, L. Yu, Y. Lei, R.N. Kacker and D.R. Kuhn
- Isolating Failure-Inducing Combinations in Combinatorial Testing using Test Augmentation and Classification K. Shakya, T. Xie, N. Li, Y. Lei, R.N. Kacker, D.R. Kuhn
- Rick Kuhn, Combinatorial Methods for Discrete Event Simulation of a Grid Computer Network, ModSim World 2009, October 14-17 2009, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Rick Kuhn, Raghu Kacker, Combinatorial Testing Tutorial, Military Test and Evaluation, McLean, VA, June 24-25, 2009. (approx. 45 min.)
- D.R. Kuhn, R. Kacker, Automated Combinatorial Testing, VERIFY 2007, Crystal City, VA, October 29-30, 2007.
- P. Black, My Life with Bugs, or Why I Believe in Combinatorial Testing, American Society for Quality, Gaithersburg, MD October 30, 2007.
- Y. Lei, IPOG - A General Strategy for t-Way Software Testing, IEEE Engineering of Computer Based Systems Conference, 2007.- describes generalized IPO algorithm for constructing t-way covering arrays.
- D.R. Kuhn, V. Okun, Automated Combinatorial Testing for Software, ISSRE 06, Raleigh, November 6, 2006.
- D. R. Kuhn, V. Okun, Pseudo-exhaustive Testing For Software, 30th NASA/IEEE Software Engineering Workshop, April 25-27, 2006 - proof-of-concept experiment on pseudo-exhaustive testing.
- Y. Lei, In Parameter Order: A Test Generation Strategy for Pairwise Testing, 6/21/05 - introduces IPO and outlines extension to pairwise test. Performance comparison with other tools here. - Presentation
- Combinatoral and Pairwise Testing Tutorial Practical Combinatorial Testing, NIST SP 800-142, (October 2010) - a concise, easy to read tutorial, for individual study or classroom use. Public domain, distribution unlimited; 81 pages.
Created May 24, 2016, Updated July 31, 2020